<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 03, 2010

So much more than just being tired after a workout.... 

This is the first in a series concerning post-exertional malaise. Article courtesy of the CFIDS newsletter.

Unraveling Post-exertional Malaise

I must admit the quote at the beginning is a pretty fair description of what I experience. The main thing that varies is the intensity of it. A mild flare-up might occur for a day or two after something minor like greeting people at church for a half hour. A major flare-up can go on for months, like after I moved from Colorado to South Dakota. My description of this phenomenon is the sledgehammer of fatigue, because it comes on as suddenly and as painfully as though someone had smacked me in the face with a sledgehammer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?