<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What's dignified about dying these days? 

Came across this excellent blog post in a roundabout way through the Hummingbird's Guide. It is about modern day society avoids acknowledging death and chronic illness unless one is stoic and brave about it....

The Silence of the Dying

What I have never understood is the fear of death. Somehow, we think that by not mentioning its inevitability (we ALL will die eventually), it won't happen. That if we are not continually upbeat, death will "win".

I am not afraid to die. I will probably not die anytime soon. But I intend to be honest about how I am feeling at any given time, even if it bores or makes people uncomfortable, because I already do that and think that false stoicism, for me, anyway, is a waste of my energy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?