<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Why doesn't this surprise me? 

Got this link via the Facebook cause "Keep the Arts in Public Schools". This appeared in Newsweek:

The Creativity Crisis

I particularly like their explanation for how the brain comes up with creative ideas. With my cognitive dysfunction, I still get the ideas, but am so slow at the process that the notion is often lost before it can be expressed.

One thing that concerns me about children becoming less creative is this begins even before they get into school. Many times, a baby is surrounded by a plethora of toys, each playing a little tune, and I think they become overloaded. Sometimes you just need to give a kid one or two simple items and let them pretend. Remember how much fun you had when you got your hands on an empty refrigerator box, and you could play house or grocery store or fort?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?