<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Aha! Help for the ingredient-challenged! 

Saw an article about this in my local newspaper today. I think it would come in VERY handy to anyone who cooks:

Bookshelf: Out of milk or eggs? Here's help

I swap items all the time, sometimes out of needing to convert a recipe to a gluten-free version, and sometimes because I haven't got the energy to use ingredients that take longer to prepare (like using lemon juice from a bottle instead of squeezing an actual lemon). But nothing irritates me more than being halfway through cooking something and THEN finding out there's not enough of an ingredient to complete the recipe. I should put this book on my Christmas list because it probably could save my sanity, heh heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?