<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Will gluten-free weddings become more common now? 

Chelsea Clinton's wedding reception was gluten-free and (mostly) vegan. Here are two articles on the subject:

Chelsea Clinton: Let them eat gluten-free cake

Chelsea Clinton Serves Gluten-Free Bread at Wedding Reception

It would be wonderful to someday go to a wedding and NOT have to pre-order a "special" plate from a caterer, or, worse, sit around and watch everyone else eat the cake, which is I have been doing for the past seven years. I avoid all church potlucks, all events which include a standard meal unless I can bring my own food because I simply don't have the energy to make a big fuss about it. Tonight, for example, I went to my 3-year-old nephew's birthday party, and while everyone else had cake and ice cream, I ate some grapes I brought from home. I don't want people who are healthy to have to make concessions just for me, so I don't usually say anything, but at a gluten-free wedding, I could pretend at least for a little while to be normal.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?