<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 08, 2010

Inspiration for the Day, November 8, 2010: 

Prayer for Peace 4:
Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

"Loving God, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, light; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Teacher, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."

Comments:
I don't always comment on these, but I do appreciate all of them! They're beautiful and yes, very inspiring. This has always been one of my favorites.
 
Thanks! I was fortunate enough to belong to an interfaith group for a few years when I lived in Denver (had to drop out due to health). What I discovered is that pretty much every faith has some kind of prayer or desire for peace.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?