<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A place you do NOT want to visit.... 

Another great article from But You Don't Look Sick. If you think it's bad enough having a chronic illness, try not knowing WHAT'S wrong with you....

Lost in the Land of the Undiagnosed

I went for six years not knowing I had an autoimmune disease. Once diagnosed, all of a sudden, my rheumatologist took me seriously, I had a support group with whom to compare notes, and I could actually try to treat what was wrong. And then three years later, I moved to another state, where the moron docs promptly UN-diagnosed me and told me I couldn't possibly be disabled. It was like starting all over again, trying to be taken seriously. Now that the Mayo Clinic has re-confirmed the Sjogren's, I might not have to go through this again, but there are no guarantees in life.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?