<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Still missing Chip.... 

Chip D. Dog died on Halloween 2008. While I no longer find myself looking for him in the yard or next to my side of the bed, I still dream about him all the time. Luckily, now the dreams are less frequently about horrible I felt about putting him down and more frequently about how soft his fur was, how much he liked tummy rubs and how he would patiently let me hug him.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how smart Chip was. He would pretend his food was something to be conquered, and would deposit a few pieces in the living room, bow to it, bark and tap at it with his paws until he felt he had won and then commence to eat it. If you asked him to get his toy, he would look all over the house and yard for one and once found, start playing with it. Dan could go to one end of the house and I to the other, and I'd say, "go see Dan", and Chip would run to find him, and then upon instruction, run back over to me, and back and forth until he got tired.

Now I'm too ill to train a new dog or take it for walks, and I can't afford to keep one anymore anyway. But I'll always have memories of The World's Most Spoiled English Springer Spaniel.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?