<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Space, the daily frontier.... 

Got this link from Stacy in a comment about how fascinating space is even for those of us without a great deal of technical aptitude. I added this to my links list as well:

Astronomy Picture of the Day

I took an astronomy course in college. I almost flunked it because I couldn't figure out the formulas, but the final was an essay on the lifespan of stars, and essays are my strong suit, so I managed a "C" grade overall. My fave part of the class was when we went out to the country (a very short drive from our tiny university) and looked at the planets through a telescope. I actually got to see the rings on Saturn.

P.S. If you click on the "Discover the cosmos" link, you get a list of archived photos. Check these out because some of them are really fantastic.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?