<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 04, 2011

Where is my inspiration? And why am I not raving? 

My readers may have noticed by now that I haven't posted one of my daily "inspirations" or "raves" for a few days. I have used up all the material from my spiritual website as well as the more easily accessible archived humor. That doesn't mean I don't have any left, but it does mean I will have to track it down and type it up, which might result in more sporadic postings. When I get new material, I will try to get it on here right away instead of letting it pile up for years, which I am known for doing.

I have other categories of items I'd like to post, pending finding the time and energy to do so. Since my fibromyalgia website is no more, it might not be a bad idea to relocate some of that material here. I could post more fun and/or funny website links. And of course there are all the movies I promised to review here three years ago.

If I disappear for awhile, don't be alarmed. I am in a nasty flare from the physical therapy with involuntary naps averaging at least two hours after every single treatment. Three days of physical therapy plus two days of aquacise plus one Gazelle workout every week equals one wiped out woman. Also, I intend to start working on my taxes very soon, which usually eats up multiple days of maximum computer time.

I'm off to start printing out lists of tax deductible items from my Quicken software. Jealous?

Comments:
Hang in there, Karen! I hope the PT begins to give you some results soon! With CFS I always have to let go of something else if I add anything in to avoid the post-exertional relapse. (Is that how exertional is spelled?) Can you let go of one of the aquacise classes or the Gazelle sessions for the duration of the PT? (Or maybe the taxes? :D ) I know I *could not* add in an hour of physical labor a week, let alone three, without letting go of at least two others *per hour of extra work*, and I have far less on my plate than you do. Yes, deconditioning is hard to come back from, but w/ P.T., is deconditioning going to be a critical issue?

I know this is more a CFIDS than a FM issue, but there seems to be so much overlap: w/ CFIDS, your mitochondria *cannot* produce enough energy to help you recover from physical effort. Pushing them beyond their capacity to recover makes them draw energy from elsewhere, like your heart, brain, kidneys, etc. I.e., overdoing draws energy from all your *vital organs.* It gives you (possibly reversible, but still real) heart and brain damage. It's a *bad idea.*

I'm sorry to be getting bossy! This is all to say, take it easy. You have to be Superwoman every day as it is - don't feel like you have to be SuperSuperwoman!
 
(Gosh, that really was a bossy comment. Sorry.)
 
No, not bossy. It was a valid question. I have in fact dropped two of my Gazelle workouts and one of my aquacise classes every week. But I was kinda flaky last night and forgot to mention it in my post :0)

I am walking a fairly fine line between therapy and exacerbation. It hadn't been so bad in previous years when I was doing PT regularly. But this is the first time in five years that I've had health insurance that would cover it.

Unfortunately, my fibromyalgia will get progressively worse unless I resolve or at least improve my myofascial trigger points. I noticed this morning that I am starting to see some small improvements; instead of nearly uniform pain across all of the muscles in the upper back and neck, it is now more specific to the active trigger points. I know this doesn't sound like progress, but it means more ease of movement and an indication of less toxins floating around my body. I think I could be compared to an onion, with trigger points hiding in various layers of muscles. I don't know if we can get these knots completely deactivated, but I have hope they will get smaller and affect me less.

The post-exertion relapse is something I think will probably lessen over the next few sessions. This has been my experience in previous bouts of PT. I usually feel pretty lousy the first two weeks and then gradually start making progress.

You are right to be concerned, though. Most people do not understand that when you have CFIDS and/or fibromyalgia that a mere 20 minute ultrasound treatment qualifies as a vigorous workout.

But I will take that suggestion to skip the taxes under advisement :D
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?