<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 11, 2011

Why CBT is a double-edged sword for those with CFIDS.... 

Another thought-provoking article courtesy of last week's CFIDS Association of America newsletter. A reporter comes "out of the closet" and reveals he has CFIDS:

John Falk: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Psychotherapy

I agree that the vast majority of mental health professionals don't know how to properly help a person with CFIDS unless the patient happens to also have depression, anxiety or something they are trained to treat. When I still lived in Denver, I did luck out once and find a licensed clinical psychologist who was experienced in counseling chronic pain patients, but she was the exception. I was burned IRREPARABLY by other so-called professionals who tried to blame my physical symptoms on a mental illness that I did not have.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?