<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 29, 2011

More than a mere inconvenience... 

Another from a fibromyalgia Facebook page. The ailment may not be life-threatening, but it is definitely life-altering:

Fibromyalgia Pain Takes Toll on Everyday Life

When I was first diagnosed and read the optimistic brochure the rheumatologist gave me, I told the world that fibromyalgia was a mere inconvenience and tried to treat it as such. I ignored the symptoms and went about my business as if nothing had changed, the theory being that positive thinking would fix me (some people STILL tell me that). The result was a major decline in my health over the next year. By late 2001, I was bedridden with severe bronchitis and my thyroid bottomed out. That's when I realized that my quality of life was going to be PERMANENTLY altered by fibromyalgia.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?