<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Inspiration for the Day, July 12, 2011: 

Drinking from My Saucer

I've never made a fortune and it's probably too late now;
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow.
And as I go along life's way I'm reaping better than I sow;
I'm drinking form my saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.
Haven't got a lot of riches and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones around me and that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings and the mercies he's bestowed;
I'm drinking from my saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.
O, remember times when things went wrong, my faith wore somewhat thin;
But all at once the dark clouds broke, and sun peeped through again.
So Lord, help me not to gripe about the tough rows that I've hoed;
I'm drinking from my saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.
If God gives me strength and courage when the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings - I'm already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy to help others bear their loads;
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed.

- Jimmy Stewart

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?