<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sometimes you DO need to make light of your ailments.... 

Another stellar article from But You Don't Look Sick. I think even healthy folks will get some giggles out of this one:

Sick Humor: "Re-Finding" the Funny

I know ill health is usually considered a serious matter, but sometimes diffusing the tension is the only coping device we have. When my mother was undergoing radiation treatment, she lost all her hair. I went to visit her in the hospital, not having been allowed near her for an entire month while I was recovering from bronchitis, and I did not know about the hair loss. I walked right past her room because I did not recognize the person in there! I was so mortified that she noticed, but then she said, "I kinda look like Yoda now, don't I? Yo-da-Mom!" Now, how can you NOT laugh at that?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?