<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Food" for thought.... 

VERY interesting article from the Hummingbird's Guide. I don't expect many to agree with it, but I think it is worth reading:

Fat, Glorious Fat!

To be honest, the ONLY reason I limit fat in my diet is because my gastroparesis makes fat difficult to digest. That being said, I eat real whole eggs nearly every day, use real butter, make my own dressing with extra virgin olive oil, and eat pork and chicken and turkey on a somewhat regular but not daily basis. I think the message most Americans have missed is that of MODERATION. Unless you have an allergy or other medical condition prohibiting you, most people can have real meat at a meal, as long as they keep in mind that a serving is only 3 ounces and stick with appropriate portions. I try to only eat foods that have some sort of nutritional value, within the confines of my complicated ailments of course. I think if most Americans ate reasonable portions of a variety of nutritious foods every day, a lot of their worries about obesity and heart disease would be diminished or might even disappear altogether.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?