<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The guessing game continues.... 

Got this from a somewhat recent edition of the Celiac.com newsletter (I have a backlog of unsorted articles numbering in the hundreds in my e-mail in box). How much longer must the delay go on?

Seven Years and Counting: FDA Drops Ball on Gluten-free Standards

It's the lack of a proper definition that leads me to have to limit my shopping list to certain brand names and products that I have been able to confirm for certain as gluten-free so that Dan doesn't accidentally purchase something I can't eat. If I want to try anything new, I have to shop in person so that I can read the ingredient list myself, and I don't really have the energy for that. Does the FDA have any idea how much this messes with a celiac's everyday life, or don't they care?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?