<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 12, 2011

Inspiration for the Day, August 12, 2011: 

Prayer for Wellness

God of oneness, wholeness, in hurt and pain I dream of a day when I no longer feel continual distress in my body. I cry out to you to hear me, to stretch your arms of compassion to me and to embrace me with your comfort. My being needs to be filled with your spiritual energy. I am weary with the struggle to feel well and to be in good health. It is so easy to slide into depression and self pity, to be impatient and despondent. God of the living, hear me. Fill my empty places with hope. Fill my life with a sense of joy in spite of this ceaseless pain. Help me to fight that giant oppressor of the spirit: discouragement. Remind me often of the good people of my life and of all the blessings that are mine as I struggle with this pain which is ever present to me. I praise and thank you for being a God who never leaves me. Amen.

_ Joyce Rupp

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?