<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Inspiration for the Day, October 4, 2011: 

"Lord, hear my prayer. Give me compassion to help when help is needed, kindness to stand back when help is not wanted, and the wisdom to know the difference. Give me openness to share something of my journey if helpful, humility to keep quiet if I'm only boasting, and the wisdom to know the difference. Give me gentleness to ask concerned questions, reticence to probe intrudingly, and the wisdom to know the difference. Give me courage to be honest in my response if that is called for, sensitivity to refrain from honesty if that would be more compassionate, and the wisdom to know the difference. Lord, you are the source for forgiveness, grace and hope. Hear my prayer. Amen."

- Isabel de Gruchy, South Africa

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?