<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Looking great doesn't always feel great.... 

Got this from today's CFIDS newsletter. I like that the author mentioned the caregivers too:

The Challenges of Living with Invisible Pain or Illness

As a rule, I've pretty much decided not to give a rat's patootie about what others think of me. I don't have the energy to do makeup, style my hair or dress in appealing but painfully constrictive attire, so I no longer do these things and don't apologize for it. But it makes a great deal of difference, unfortunately, what the medical community and those who dole out disability benefits think. My long-term disability insurance company violated their contract by declaring I did not have a physical illness and discontinued payment. And then one idiot doctor who had never seen me before disregarded the seven years worth of medical evidence in front of him and said my conditions were not disabling, thus undoing any chance I had at getting my benefits restored. So I cannot say with confidence that appearance doesn't matter.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?