<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Quick whine to explain (in part) my lack of posts... 

Have been feeling like doo doo the past three weeks or so. My rheumatologist dropped the dose on another of my prescriptions in half, one that modulates my immune system to lessen the effects of diseases like Sjogren's. I had been on it for eight years. This has translated into longer-lasting and more frequent headaches, more joint stiffness and pain, and more need for those annoying 12 hour sleep marathons. I don't see the doctor again until December, and I don't expect to be able to change her mind to let me go back to the old dose, which was apparently more effective than we thought.

I am fighting feelings of being mightily discouraged. At first, I believed I was simply doing too much, so I cut back and stayed home, but it didn't help. Now I am having trouble even doing my basic routine, in particular my much-needed low-level exercise, because I simply cannot get out of bed some days. My computer time is at an all-time low. I hope to get my act together soon, though, because I have a lot of obligations this month.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?