<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's that time of year.... 

This appeared in But You Don't Look Sick. It has a fairly balanced viewpoint:

New Year's Resolutions: Why They Are So Tricky

I tend to think of resolutions as goals, and I need to feel like I'm making progress on SOMETHING, even if that something is vague or small. I used to get discouraged because I approached the whole thing with an either/or mentality, meaning when I broke a resolution, I gave up. But if anything, chronic illness has forced me to learn to be a lot more flexible in my goals, and that if I mess up or have a day when I simply cannot achieve a goal, I try again the next day or whenever it is possible to do so. I will type up my own list for 2012 in a little while.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?