<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 16, 2011

Season's greetings.... 

Ran across this on But You Don't Look Sick. It's got some good ideas:

Tips for Writing Out Christmas Cards Easily

My mode of operation differs slightly. I keep all my mailing addresses on 3x5 cards in alphabetical order in a little box. That way, it's portable so I can take it to wherever I'm working on the cards (I don't have any portable electronics). If someone's address changes, I just write the new one on the card with a date, or make up a new card.

I do buy my stamps all at once. I buy 100 of those forever stamps, which last me about a year. I always get the self-adhesive kind (I hope they don't still make the ones you have to lick).

Because of my arthritis, I type up a generic holiday letter on the computer and print out as many copies as I need and then just sign the card with the letter enclosed. Yes, it's a bit impersonal, but if I need to add something, I just hand-write a sentence or two. With people whom I see regularly, I just do the card only.

I use address labels so I don't have to hand-write the return address. The cards are usually purchased after Christmas. If I have any left over from this year, I save them for next year.

For people whom I e-mail, I do e-cards if I'm in touch with them regularly. I haven't figured out what I'm sending yet; probably should get on that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?