<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A chemotherapy drug as treatment for CFIDS/ME? 

This important article appeared in the October 20 edition of the CFIDS Association of America newsletter. Please read all the way through to find additional links and useful information in the comments section:

Rituximab Trial Shows Promise

This drug has also been used to treat severe rheumatoid arthrits and lupus. I know someone for whom it was a lifesaver. In the context of CFIDS/ME, I think this points to an autoimmune cause. I know my Sjogren's symptoms improve greatly and even disappear when I am on prednisone, which wipes out the immune system, albeit not as completely as chemotherapy. I am VERY interested in the results of further research on Rituxan.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?