<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 19, 2012

PLEASE read this article and consider contacting your federal legistlator, even if you are healthy! 

This important item appeared in today's National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Awareness newsletter. It includes a template letter to send to your representatives if you are so moved:

Specialty Tier Call to Action

This has already happened to me. One of my medications went from a $30 copay to $450. Four months of negotiation with the insurance company got me nowhere. I shudder to think of those whose very lives rely on a medication that may become priced in the thousands of dollars or more, forcing them to choose between buying their med or paying their mortgage/rent. The really ironic thing is that many of them are too "rich" to qualify for extra help, which leaves them stuck and in ever-increasing debt. I am a "rich" person who had over a third of my total household income, including my husband's full-time job, go to medical expenses.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?