<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Why celiac symptoms don't always match disease severity.... 

From the May 2, 2011 edition of the Celiac.com newsletter. I didn't know there was more than one kind of celiac disease:

The Role of Microscopic Enteritis in Celiac Disease Malabsorption

I think these findings would bolster the reasoning of trying a gluten free diet even if biopsy and blood work are negative. I was highly symptomatic and didn't want to wait around to see if I developed the anti-bodies at some point in the future. I must have had problems with nutrient absorption even with normal test results because once I stopped eating wheat, I dropped 40 pounds in a year, weight that absolutely wouldn't budge before.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?