<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 13, 2012

Why celiacs should think carefully before dining out.... 

This too comes from the April 11, 2011 Celiac.com newsletter. While the man in the article no longer works in this restaurant, the idea that anyone would do such a thing is upsetting:

Colorado Chef Damian Cardone Brags about Endangering the Health of Unsuspecting Gluten-free Diners

I shudder to think what might happen if someone with an actual allergy to wheat was intentionally served food containing it. Luckily, my symptoms are not life-threatening, but I do get pretty sick for about three days after ingesting gluten. The last time that happened was in 2004 at an Applebee's, where they were quite arrogant about not being liable for what was in their food. Needless, I have never eaten anything in their restaurant since - if I go to a party or other gathering there, I just sip on iced tea. I am fairly certain if I had a true food allergy, I would NEVER eat in a restaurant, just in case there were anyone like Mr. Cardone working there.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?