<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Each year brings new enlightenment.... 

The latest from Toni Bernhard's column in Psychology Today. As usual, good advice here:

11 Tips from 11 Years Sick

I've been sick 15 years now, so I should be able to come up with a few more. Actually, one I would add is to not waste a lot of effort on your appearance if it takes away from your ability to do things you enjoy. What's the point of spending two hours making yourself look perfect if you end up so exhausted that you can't leave the house? I have simplified my life by cutting off most of my hair so I don't have to style or even comb it. I rarely wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere really special like to a wedding. And even though it bummed me out to do it, I gave up all but the most comfortable shoes. I have too many problems with dizziness to risk breaking an ankle on high heels.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?