<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A weighty issue.... 

This puzzling article courtesy of the December 5 edition of the Celiac.com newsletter. Be sure to read the whole thing:

No Evidence That Gluten-Free Diet Promotes Weight Loss (with Reply by Dr. Ron Hoggan)

I guess it's just coincidence then that I lost 40 pounds in 11 months when I went gluten free? I was so focused on not contaminating myself with wheat that I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to weight until I had to start buying new clothes. I went from a size 20/22 to a 10. I have gained about 15 pounds back since 2004, but I think that's from typical slowing of metabolism that occurs in middle age. I wouldn't mind losing about 10 of those pounds, but that would require being able to exercise at an aerobic level, and my other health problems prohibit that.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?