<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 22, 2012

Everything you ever wanted to know about PEM.... 

Another from the CFIDS Association of America newsletter for June. You may want to bookmark this page so that you can read the listed articles at your leisure:

Post-Exertional Malaise: Resources for You

This, combined with cognitive dysfunction, is the primary reason I cannot work or many days even leave the house. I am pleased to see so many stories have been done on the subject because it is also one of the most difficult to get anyone to take seriously. My first warning is usually what I call "the sledgehammer of fatigue": a profound, sudden exhaustion akin to being walloped in the face with a blunt object. Many other symptoms accompany it, especially in the hours to follow, but once the sledgehammer hits, the only remedy is to stop whatever I'm doing, get home if I'm not already there and stay there until the situation improves.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?