<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The reality behind the judgments.... 

This excellent article was posted on a fibromyalgia Facebook page. I'm guessing the author has experiences some of this firsthand:

Persons with invisible illness suffer undue criticism

Most people have been polite enough to not criticize me to my face, but I have been dismissed as "weak" and told that my illness was "too convenient" when it appeared I was trying to get out of something I didn't want to do. I've overheard someone complain that there was obviously nothing wrong with me when they saw me park in a handicapped space using my placard. It has also been implied that my illness was attention-seeking behavior. Oh, yeah, I do the whole partially housebound, trying to survive financially on disability thing just for amusement.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?