<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A situation where large quantities of certain veggies are actually harmful.... 

Got this article from the Redefining Normal Fibromyalgia Facebook page. This is a subject about which many people, even some doctors, are completely in the dark:

All About Goitrogens - Why Thyroid Patients Are Warned Against Cruciferous Vegetables

I know I was clueless about this the first year or so after I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was eating huge quantities of broccoli (I love the stuff) until a co-worker with Hashimoto's told me what it does to thyroid function. Some of the stuff on this list was news to me, like peanuts, strawberries and spinach. But since I developed gastroparesis, my consumption of these is limited to very small portions, so I am probably okay. It's a good thing to keep in mind, though.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?