<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 29, 2012

Smile! It's good for you! 

Enjoyed this article on Psychology Today's "Laughing Cure" page. Apparently, we can add smiling to our list of healthy habits:

There's Magic in Your Smile

I have always wondered if part of the reason I got so many dates in college and my pre-marriage 20's was that I smile a lot. I would say I'm about average in general attractiveness, but maybe appearing friendly helped? I do notice people are more likely to listen to what I have to say when I smile. The only exception seems to be doctors, who assume that my smile means that I must not be sick. Wrong! I do it because a smile, even if forced initially, becomes a natural pain-fighter. And I need all the help I can get.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?