<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Steps to spiritual healing.... 

Here is the latest article by Toni Bernhard. It tells us why compassion for self is an essential element of coping with chronic illness:

Mindfulness: Potent Medicine

I came to some of these same conclusions, via a different route, over the past 15 years of being sick. I found that ignoring it doesn't make it go away, but that getting stuck in a fatalistic frame of mind doesn't help either because it leads to physical tension that leads to even more pain. Acknowledging that I am suffering without letting it overwhelm my entire being didn't happen for me overnight, and I still have my freak out moments (for proof, see yesterday's post about the CDR), but generally, I am able to save room for happiness.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?