<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The wisdom of not jumping to conclusions.... 

Got this link from a fibromyalgia Facebook page. It states why doctors should rule out other ailments before giving a diagnosis of fibromyalgia:

Conditions with Similar Symptoms

While the article is generally good, I'm not thrilled with their implication that multiple chemical sensitivity could be a psychological condition. I've known too many perfectly healthy people who became quite physically ill when their home or workplace was remodeled, and some never fully regained their health. Also, I think it is underestimated how much overlap there is amongst medical conditions. Especially once you develop an autoimmune disease, you become predisposed to acquiring additional ailments. I call this the "buffet option". I've had celiac disease most of my life, chronic myofascial pain since I was 13, and the following within the last 15 years: Sjogren's syndrome, fibromyalgia, gastroparesis, periodic limb movement disorder, chronic migraine, diabetes, hypothyroidism, Raynaud's, and asthma.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?