<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 17, 2012

You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.... 

 Another Toni Bernhard article, this one for a different publication. It's about when we confuse our wants with the key to our happiness:

Taming the Want Monster

It is really easy to be felled by this monster when you're chronically ill since so many of your memories of when you were happiest are tied to activities you can no longer do. But I believe it is highly worthwhile, whatever your circumstances, to learn to be happy with your life just as it is. It didn't happen for me overnight, and I am certainly not free from want, but I have learned to see the beauty in what I already have, material or otherwise.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?