<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Confirmation of exercise intolerance for people with fibromyalgia.... 

Came across this on the new fibromyalgia disability Facebook page. The results are no surprise:

Neuromuscular fatigue and exercise capacity in fibromyalgia syndrome.

I noticed the study was quite small, only 22 participants total. I hope this leads to larger studies in the future, although I suspect it might be difficult to recruit people with fibromyalgia to purposefully make themselves sicker. I once did a functional capacity exam, not voluntarily (it was the only my long-term disability insurance company would approve benefits), and even though I could not complete it, the repercussions went on for many weeks.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?