<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just diagnosed? Start here.... 

Found this on yet another fibromyalgia Facebook page. It's an easy to understand series of links to definitions of terms commonly used in discussions of fibromyalgia:

Fibromyalgia Glossary

When I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 12 years ago, there wasn't a ton of reliable information online yet. Basically, my rheumatologist told me what I had (the Sjogren's diagnosis wouldn't happen for another three years), gave me a little pamphlet from the Arthritis Foundation, and sent me home. The pamphlet rather trivialized the disorder and gave me the impression that I would be dealing with a mere inconvenience, not a life-changing illness. I started acquiring books about fibromyalgia that explained the full range of effects, and just as important, treatment beyond anti-depressants. Then in 2002, I got a computer at home and was able to become of member of Fibrohugs. Getting to converse online with others with fibromyalgia was at least as helpful as the books. And now we have Facebook, and I belong to FIVE support groups.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?