<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 23, 2012

This falls under the category of "NOW what?" 

Was on Dr. Oz's site because the show is planning another segment on fibromyalgia, and I ran across this article. Not exactly good news for us on gluten-free diets:

Breaking News: FDA Confirms Concerning Arsenic Levels in Rice

Between the celiac disease and the gastroparesis, I end up eating some form of brown rice pretty much daily. But I did notice that the article states that fruits and veggies contain even more arsenic than rice, so does that negate their other health benefits? During the past couple of years, I have tried to add more whole grains to my diet such as millet, chia, teff, amaranth and quinoa, but these can be difficult to digest, so I've had to keep the portions pretty small, and they aren't going to completely replace the brown rice I eat. It seems these days just about every food poses some type of health risk, so I guess we weigh the pros and cons and eat the best balance we can.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?