<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 05, 2012

Much more than an inconvenience..... 

Got this awhile back from a fibromyalgia Facebook page. Those of us with fibromyalgia already know these things, but it's nice to have confirmation:

Fibromyalgia Pain Takes Toll on Everyday Life

Here's an example of just how easily fibromyalgia can interfere with normal functioning. Last night at bedtime, I forgot to take my sleep medication. After three hours of lying awake, trying to ignore my husband's snoring and the muscle cramps in my feet and lower legs (normally I sleep through these things), I realized what I had done, but by then it was too late to do anything about it. If I took a sleep aid at 4am, I would be unable to get up at 9am to get ready for church. So I suffered through another two hours and finally dozed off at 6am. When Dan woke me up three hours later, before I even opened my eyes, I realized my pain level had gone from a 7 out of 10 at bedtime to a 9, and I still had to get out of bed. I had aggravated my bursitis, my feet were agony to even touch, I was more nauseous than usual (had a few close calls), and I had diarrhea (a few more close calls). I limped around the house, groaning, but somehow made it out the door on time and even managed to stay awake through the whole service (I'm ashamed to admit that due to my extreme exhaustion, that is not always the case). But I've spent the rest of the day feeling pummeled and weak, all because of one missed pill. Sheesh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?