<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 17, 2013

More confirmation of what so many of us already know.... 

One more from a fibromyalgia Facebook page that has been hanging around on my browser. It's too bad there are still a lot of doctors who don't pay attention to studies like this:

Researchers Say People With Fibromyalgia Have Abnormalities of Blood Flow in the Brain

What I found interesting, and what I haven't read in other articles about the study, is that these abnormalities were completely unrelated to depression. While the two can occur together, they don't have to. I haven't had a major depressive episode in almost eight years, yet my fibromyalgia has not improved significantly during that time. But in the study, the severity of fibromyalgia DID correspond with the amount of irregularity of blood flow in the brain. I am hoping that it's just a matter of time until this is used as a diagnostic tool.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?