<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's that tingle in your toes? 

Can't remember which Facebook page I got this from, but it may have been a disability-related one. This article provides a straight-forward description of one type of neuropathy:

Small Fiber Sensory Neuropathy

I know many people who have this. For some of them, the tingle in their toes was their first symptom of diabetes. Neuropathy also occurs in autoimmune disorders like lupus and Sjogren's. I have what is probably a mild case of this, but it doesn't feel mild when I am having a flareup. It feels more like someone is trying to remove the top of my big toe with a can opener. Or that I am being struck by lightning. Or my feet just go to sleep, usually while I am using the Gazelle glider, and hurt like a son of a gun when they wake back up.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?