<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Involved in a different kind of shooting.... 

 
Couldn't handle the stomach-related side effects of Methotrexate tablets after three weeks (on Saturday night, I very nearly vomited into the open refrigerator while putting away groceries), so on Monday, I called the rheumatologist's office and asked if I could switch to injections, even though I have a phobia of needles. She agreed the switch was a good idea, so yesterday, her assistant taught me how to do injections. My hands were shaking, but I got through the appointment. 

Luckily, I managed to talk Dan into giving me the actual shot last night once I showed him what to do. Many people have told me the injections don't hurt, but HELLO, I have fibromyalgia in addition to the Sjogren's, so of course it hurt. I swelled up quite a bit at the injection site, but that did go away after an hour or so, leaving a small circular bruise. I am still a little sore in that area, but I've experienced worse.

The good news is that I am already less nauseous, so I guess it was worth it. And now I can tell people my husband shoots me once a week, heh heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?