<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 02, 2013

It's like living on a balance beam.... 

Toni Bernhard's latest article for Psychology Today. This dilemma is all too familiar to many of us:

5 Tough Choices You Face When Chronically Ill or in Pain

And of course the more ailments you have, the harder it is to decide what is causing a symptom and whether it's worth mentioning to a doctor. The rule I always go with is that if a symptom is new or suddenly worse than it has ever been before, get it checked out. As for whether or not to push oneself, I'd rather save my exertion for things I enjoy, like going to a movie or spending time with someone special. I find it very demoralizing to put myself in a flare for routine things like housework or errands that preclude me from doing what I most enjoy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?