<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 04, 2013

Another from the department of "WHAT NOW?" 


Got a call from the rheumatologist's office Friday and found out that now my liver enzymes are elevated thanks to the methotrexate. This is the first time I've ever had anything amiss with my liver, and it isn't sky high, so I will have it checked again in a month. But this is definitely a trend I don't want to continue. 

Asked the doc if taking milk thistle for my liver would be worthwhile, and she was less than enthusiastic. Between the vision loss from Plaquenil, a nasty eye infection (welts on my eyelids and HORRIBLE itching of the eyes) thanks to an allergic reaction, the liver enzymes, side effects of methotrexate and trying to get over my phobia of needles to endure the weekly injections, all since February 12, I am feeling dejected, which is not typical of me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?