<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 15, 2013

How to not freak out at the doc's.... 

Here's a recent Toni Bernhard article, culled from a fibromyalgia Facebook page. While it's definitely easier said than done, there is some good advice here:

Don’t Be Intimidated in the Doctor’s Office: Six Strategies

I was doing pretty well having confident interactions with medical professionals until I moved to South Dakota and encountered doctors who disregarded all the records I brought with me and decided that I didn't have the diseases I'd been diagnosed with. All it took was a single disastrous appointment to cause my long-term disability benefits to be terminated permanently. When doctors hold so much power over your quality of life and financial well-being, not being intimidated is a monumental but unfortunately necessary challenge.

Comments:
This is fantastic!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?