<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The heat is on....and on....and on..... 

Got this off of a fibromyalgia Facebook page. Seems pretty timely for those of us in most of the United States:

Managing Fibromyalgia in the Heat and Humidity

The past couple of summers in South Dakota have been miserable ones for me, and I seem to get more sensitive every year. When humidity above 50 percent combines with temperatures above 80 degrees, I develop headaches, weakness, drop dead fatigue, muscle twitching and spasms. I have been experimenting with changing my supplements around to see if I can reduce and/or eliminate some of these symptoms. I have started taking 1000mg of vitamin C with my breakfast Boost. I have added a half dose of my liquid B-complex multi-vitamin at that time. I am dividing the magnesium and taking it in three separate doses over the course of the day. It will take a few more weeks to know for sure if this will make a significant difference, but I do seem a bit less tired now during the first half of the day. 

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?