<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today is World Sjogren's Day! 

Even though most people who read this blog regularly know I have Primary Sjogren's, I thought I should take a minute to offer an article for those who want to learn more about it. If you are so moved, after reading it, check out the rest of the site.

About Sjögren's Syndrome

I have had Sjogren's since 1997. I experienced a sudden onset during a bout with anti-biotic resistant bronchitis. I was not diagnosed until 2003. I experience systemic symptoms, known as extra-glandular activity. My central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, entire digestive tract, skin, joints, eyes, mouth, hearing, brain and other areas are affected. The fatigue that accompanies it is quite profound, and the cognitive dysfunction is no picnic either. I am experiencing some relief thanks to immuno-suppressants, anti-inflammatories, and a medication that helps my body produce moisture, but not enough relief to lead a normal life.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?